NDIS Innovations Project in St Albans
Watch this space for progress see above – January 2018
This project is being developed as a result of an NDIS Accommodation Innovations funding round in 2016. This funding totalled $10m Australia wide. Our project received $448,000 from the Department of Social Services and may be the first completed and tenanted in Victoria in July 2018.
This project will provide four units of purpose designed, low cost, permanent accommodation for high needs NDIS participants who are eligible for SDA. The four villa units will be built and managed by Active Community Housing Ltd a specialist disability housing agency. The 24 hour client support will be provided by annecto a major provider on support services to people with disabilities in the western region and across Victoria. The dwellings will be built to SDA High Physical support category, Victorian SSA and Platinum LHA standards.
People with complex support needs including significant cognitive, neurological or physical disabilities who require high levels of support and assessed as eligible for SDA housing and support.
The four 60 SQM one bedroom Villa units at St Albans will each include bedroom, lounge/kitchen, wet area (including laundry), Inbuilt wardrobes and private courtyard. There will also be an overnight / administration staff unit to support 24 hour on site staff.
Project partners and stakeholders:
- Annecto – will provide onsite care and support. Annecto are a specialist community support organisation head quartered in Footscray who are committed to assisting people with disabilities and other suffering disadvantage to fully participate in community living.
- Victorian government / Director of Housing – who granted Active the site at St Albans value $400,000
- Commonwealth government / Department of Social Services – who provided an SDA accommodation innovations grant of $448,000
- Community Sector Bank who made their first SDA housing loan to this project
- Active Community Housing limited – who are developing this specialist accommodation for high needs NDIS participants
- Varcon Builders and Geoff Hooke of Hooke Architects