Active is committed to housing low income people with disabilities who require support to live in the community. We work with tenants, families, community and government agencies across Victoria to sustain long term tenancies in well managed housing. Active works to promote service control and client empowerment through: annual tenants/advocate surveys, tenant newsletters, tenant reference group meetings and regular TRG activities funded by Active attended by tenants from CRUs, community housing and rooming house dwellings.
- Tenant Reference Group
- Annual Tenant Survey
- Quarterly tenant newsletters
- Tenants activities provided and funded by Active eg football, musical theatre, cirque de Soleil etc
- Quality phone checks all works – Maintenance Officers
- Quality site visits 1 in 20 jobs community housing and all jobs Shared Supported Accommodation dwellings through quarterly Housing Officer site visits
- Active Advocacy and professional representation to advance the position of tenants, partner agencies and Active with respect expanding housing resources available to this tenant group