Active CEO Chris Glennen
What a year! 2014 was a big year for Active, with two of our developments being declared officially open in Whittlesea and Bendigo. The tenants are well settled and loving their new homes.
As the only registered housing company working exclusively with people with disabilities who require support to live in the community, Active continues to advocate for the development of the community housing sector as a whole, and housing for people with disabilities in particular.
In the last financial year, we developed our strategic plan for the years 2014-17 and progress is already being made towards a number of key goals.
The plan recommits the company to working with people with high support needs to provide them with secure, affordable housing in their communities across Victoria.
Key aims within the 2014-17 strategic plan include:
- Increase the number of dwellings Active can make available to our clients
- Retain our tenant focus to enhance quality and range of services
- Support the Tenant Reference Group and the valuable role they play within the Active tenant community
- Housing advocacy on behalf of people with disabilities
- Work with tenants, families and banks to develop more innovative housing finance options
- Upgrade registration to housing association status to achieve access to capital development
- Increase partnerships with disability service organisations and housing companies to enhance the accommodation that Active and the broader NFP sector can provide to people with disabilities across Victoria.
We look forward to an exciting year and to working with our partners to grow the properties and housing services we provide to our clients. We thank you for your support, and wish all a safe and happy 2015